DISCLOSURE NOTICE IN TERMS OF SECTION 4 TO 7 OF THE GENERAL CODE OF CONDUCT OF THE FINANCIAL ADVISORY AND INTERMEDIARY SERVICES (FAIS) ACT, NO 37 OF 2002
Please read carefully
This notice does not form part of the insurance contract (policy) or any other document. It does however contain information which is in your interest. This notice is provided at the inception of each policy.
1 YOUR INSURER (THE RISK CARRIER WITH WHOM YOUR POLICY IS PLACED)
Name: Constantia Insurance Company Limited
Financial Services Provider Licence No.: 31111
Physical address: Building B, Nicol Main Office Park, 2 Bruton Road, Bryanston, Johannesburg, 2191
Postal address: PO Box 3518, Cramerview, 2060
Fax: 011 789 8828
Compliance Officer: Adv. Christiene Brummer
Constantia Insurance Company Limited is a registered insurer and an authorised financial services provider, licensed to provide advice and render financial services in respect of personal lines and commercial insurance and accepts responsibility for the financial advice of its representatives acting in the scope and course of their employment. The Insurer holds professional indemnity insurance.
2 YOUR POLICY, PREMIUMS AND FEES
For a monetary breakdown, please refer to your policy schedule.
JaSure Financial Services (Pty) Ltd (Reg no. 2016/486631/07) earns a fee of 20% as a juristic representative of Constantia.
3 CLAIMS PROCEDURE
Full details of the specific claims procedure that you should follow are stated in the policy wording. If you require assistance, contact your intermediary or Constantia Insurance Company Limited. Please note that claims must be reported as soon as possible (within 15 days) after the event giving rise to a claim and must be submitted in writing or telephonically. (Late notification could result in rejection of a claim.)
4 LODGING A COMPLAINT
A full Complaints Resolution Policy may be requested from the Market Conduct Officer (details below).
In the case of dissatisfaction with services received, you have the right to lodge a complaint with Constantia Insurance Company Limited through MRS ASTRID BAYNES:
Physical address: 10 Dorp Street, Cape Town, 8000
Telephone: 021 424 8040
5 CONFLICT OF INTEREST REQUIREMENTS
- Constantia Insurance Company Limited has established a Conflict of Interest Management Policy which is available on request from our Compliance Officer.
- In order to meet regulatory requirements, financial or immaterial expenditure by and to our staff are monitored.
- Where potential conflicts of interest have been identified which do not have a direct impact on you, the insured, internal structures are in place to manage and control such circumstances.
6 PARTICULARS OF THE SHORT-TERM INSURANCE OMBUDSMAN
The Short-Term Insurance Ombudsman is available to advise you in the event of claims problems that are not satisfactorily resolved by the product supplier (Insurer).
Postal address: PO Box 32334, Braamfontein, 2017
Telephone: 011 726 8900
Fax: 011 726 5501
7 PARTICULARS OF OMBUD FOR FINANCIAL SERVICE PROVIDERS (FAIS OMBUD)
Should you have a complaint regarding the financial service (advice or intermediary service) that was rendered to you which was not resolved to your satisfaction, you may contact the FAIS Ombud.
Postal address: PO Box 74571, Lynnwood Ridge, 0040
Telephone: 086 032 4766; 012 470 9080
Fax: 012 348 3447
8 PARTICULARS OF THE REGISTRAR OF SHORT–TERM INSURANCE
Postal address: PO Box 35655, Menlo Park, 0102
Telephone: 012 428 8000
Fax: 012 347 0221
9 OTHER MATTERS OF IMPORTANCE
- No person may request or induce you to waive your rights as set out in this disclosure notice or any other rights confirmed by the Short-Term Insurance Act and/or the Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services Act.
- Failure to provide all correct and full material information may influence an insurer in respect of any claims arising under your policy.
- You will be informed of any material changes to the information referred to in paragraph 1 and 2.
- Your policy may only be cancelled on 31 days prior notice which may be provided either directly to you.
- You are entitled to request a copy of the master policy free of charge.
- If you are a natural person or a juristic person, whose asset value or annual turnover is less than the threshold value as determined by the Minister of the Department of Trade and Industry in terms of section 6(1) of the Consumer Protection Act, 2008 (Act No. 68 of 2008) you are entitled to a 15-day period of grace after the due date for the payment of your premium. (This period of grace applies from the second month on monthly policies only.)
- By entering into this policy, you acknowledge that the sharing of credit, claims and underwriting information by insurers is essential to enable the insurance industry to assess risk fairly and to reduce the incidence of fraudulent claims. Consent is granted for information to be verified against other legitimate sources of databases.
- The application, policy schedule and the policy wording must be read as one.
- A polygraph or any lie detector test may be requested in the event of a claim and if you voluntarily agree to such test, the failure thereof may not be the sole reason to repudiate a claim nor void your policy.
- Your short-term policy may be subject to the regulations under the Short-Term Insurance Act, 1998 (Act No 53 of 1998). The Policyholder Protection Rules apply if you are a natural person or a juristic person, whose asset value or annual turnover is less than the threshold value as determined by the Minister of the Department of Trade and Industry in terms of section 6(1) of the Consumer Protection Act, 2008 (Act No. 68 of 2008).
- You, the client, must disclose all material facts accurately, fully, truthfully and properly.
- Do not sign any blank or partially completed forms.
- Complete any forms in ink or electronically where applicable.
- Keep any documents handed to you.
- Make note as to what is said to you.
- Don’t be pressured to buy the product.
- Misrepresentation, incorrect or non-disclosure by you of relevant facts may impact on any claims arising under your policy.
11 SHARING OF INFORMATION
The sharing of information for underwriting and claims purposes (including credit information) is in the public's interest as it enables the Insurer to underwrite policies and assess risks fairly and to reduce the incidence of fraudulent claims with a view to limiting premiums.
When you accept this policy you waive any person you may represent and/or your rights to privacy with regards to underwriting or claims information (including credit information) that you or any person you represent provide or that is provided by any other person on your behalf or on behalf of any person you represent in respect of any insurance policy or claim made or lodged by you.
You further confirm that you have purchased this product of your own free will and were in no way forced or incentivised to purchase this product.
12 USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
When you enter into this policy, you will be giving us your personal information that may be protected by data protection legislation, including but not only, the Protection of Personal Information Act, 2013 (POPI). We will take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information.
You authorise us to:
- Process your personal information to: (i) Communicate information to you that you ask us for; (ii) Provide you with insurance services; (iii) Verify the information you have given us against any source of database; (iv) Compile non-personal statistical information about you.
- Transmit your personal information to any affiliate, subsidiary or re-insurer so that we can provide insurance services to you and to enable us to further our legitimate interests including statistical analysis, re-insurance and credit control.
- Transmit your personal information to any third party service provider that we may appoint to perform functions relating to your policy on our behalf.
You acknowledge that this consent clause will remain in force even if your policy is cancelled or lapsed.
Policies are underwritten by Constantia Insurance Company Limited, an authorised financial services provider, FSP 31111. JaSure Financial Services (Pty) Ltd is a juristic representative of Constantia.