Disclosure Notice to Short-term Insurance Policyholders
IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
This notice forms part of the insurance contract.
As a short-term insurance policyholder, or prospective policyholder, you have the right to the following information:
1. ABOUT THE JURISTIC REPRESENTATIVE
Name: JaSure Financial Services (Pty) Ltd (“JaSure”)
Registration number: 2016/486631/07
VAT number: N/A
Physical address: 95 Durham Road, Salt River, Cape Town, 7925
Postal address: 95 Durham Road, Salt River, Cape Town, 7925
Policies are underwritten by Santam Limited (“Santam”), an authorised financial services provider (3416). JaSure is a Juristic Representative of Santam, authorised to provide financial services in respect of Short-term Personal and Commercial Lines.
b. Legal status and any interest in the Insurer
JaSure is a private company with no direct financial interest in Santam. JaSure receives more than 30% of its total income from Santam.
c. Professional Indemnity Insurance
JaSure has Professional Indemnity Insurance.
d. Claims or Complaints
The claims process is detailed in the Policy Wording under the section CLAIMS.
If you have any complaints, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
e. Compliance Officer
Please refer to Santam’s Compliance Officer details below.
f. Written mandate to act on behalf of the Insurer
Santam granted JaSure a mandate to represent Santam and to accept business and issue policies on behalf of Santam, for which JaSure earns a binder fee of 5%.
2. ABOUT THE INSURER
Name: Santam Limited
FAIS number: 3416
Registration number: 1918/001680/06
VAT number: 4440102095
Physical address: 1 Sportica Crescent, Tyger Valley, Bellville, 7530
Postal address: PO Box 3881, Tyger Valley, 7536
Telephone: 021 915 7000 Fax: 021 914 7149
b. Compliance Department
Compliance Officer: The Compliance Officer, Santam Limited
Address: 1 Sportica Crescent, Tyger Valley, Bellville, 7530 / PO Box 3881, Tyger Valley, 7536
Telephone: 021 915 7000
c. Complaints or Compliments
Client Care: If you have any complaints or compliments, you can contact Santam’s Client Care office:
Telephone: 0860 102 725
Fax: 021 915 7434
Internal Arbitrator: The Internal Arbitrator (IA) is appointed to provide impartial adjudication of any complaints escalated to his/her office. Should any complaint regarding your premium, policy or claim not be resolved to your satisfaction, please write to the Internal Arbitrator at email@example.com.
d. Premium Obligation
Please refer to your Policy Schedule and monthly Tax Invoice for a premium breakdown.
e. Premium payment, due date and consequence of non-payment
Payment information is detailed in the Policy Wording under the section PREMIUMS.
Santam is authorised to provide financial advisory and intermediary services in respect of Short-term Personal and Commercial Lines.
Fraud: If you become aware of any irregularity on any policy (regardless of the insurer) you can contact the Santam Fraudline on 0860 600 767 where your call will be treated in confidence.
Professional Indemnity Insurance: Santam has Professional Indemnity Insurance.
Conflict of Interest Management Policy: Santam has a management policy that regulates conflicts of interest when rendering financial services (visit www.santam.co.za).
3. OTHER MATTERS OF IMPORTANCE
- You must be informed of any material changes to the information provided above.
- If the information above was given to you verbally, it must be confirmed to you in writing within 31 days.
- If any complaint to the intermediary or insurer is not resolved to your satisfaction, you may submit a complaint to the Registrar of Short-term Insurance.
- Polygraph or similar tests are not obligatory in the event of a claim and the failure thereof may not be the sole reason for repudiating the claim.
- If premium is paid by debit order,
- it may only be in favour of one person and may not be transferred without your approval; and
- the insurer must inform you at least 31 days before the cancellation thereof, in writing, of its intention to cancel such debit order.
- The insurer and not the intermediary must give reasons in writing for repudiating your claim.
- The insurer may not cancel your insurance merely by informing the intermediary. There is an obligation to make sure the notice has been sent to you.
- You are entitled to a copy of the policy free of charge.
- Do not sign any blank or partially completed application forms.
- Complete any forms in ink.
- Keep any documents handed to you.
- Make a note as to what is said to you.
- Ask for a letter of representation from your adviser.
- Don't be pressurised to buy the product.
- Incorrect or non-disclosure by you of relevant facts may influence an insurer on any claims arising from your insurance contract.
5. PARTICULARS OF THE OMBUDSMAN
The Ombudsman is available to advise you in the event of claim problems that are not satisfactorily resolved by the intermediary and/or insurer.
Name: FAIS Ombudsman
Physical address: Kasteelpark Office Park, Orange Building, 2nd Floor, 546 Jochemus Street, Erasmuskloof, Pretoria
Postal address: PO Box 74571, Lynnwood Ridge, 0040
Telephone: 012 470 9080
Fax: 012 348 3447
Name: Ombudsman for Short-term Insurance
Physical address: 1 Sturdee Avenue, First Floor, Block A, Rosebank, 2196
Postal address: PO Box 32334, Braamfontein, 2017
Telephone: 011 726 8900
Fax: 011 726 5501
6. PARTICULARS OF THE REGISTRAR OF SHORT-TERM INSURANCE
Name: Financial Sector Conduct Authority (FSCA)
Postal address: PO Box 35655, Menlo Park, 0102
Telephone: 012 428 8000
Contact Centre: 0800 20 37 22
Fax: 012 346 6941
Underwritten by Santam Limited, an authorised FSP (3416). JaSure is a juristic representative of Santam.