You cannot insure an asset for use in a professional or commercial capacity. You are covered during official events, such as races, but not if you are a professional participant.
You are not covered for accidental damage, loss or theft of your asset caused by, arising from or connected with:
- your failure to take reasonable care of or to prevent damage or loss of your asset;
- your own deliberate or malicious act, or those of someone acting on your behalf;
- wear, tear, chips, scratches, cracks or any superficial damage that does not affect the performance of your asset;
- corrupted, lost or damaged electronic data;
- accidental damage, loss or theft of your asset occurring prior to or existing when you switch on cover;
- mechanical or electrical failure or breakdown;
- depreciation (decrease in market value);
- any consequential loss (associated costs relating to the loss, e.g. loss of earnings);
- modifications and accessories that you have not specified in the JaSure App;
- regardless of specification, any modifications and accessories that are not reasonably associated with your asset and its typical usage;
- anything covered by the manufacturer’s warranty; and/or
- damage to tyres from braking, cuts, punctures, bursts or uneven road surfaces.