- You must be a resident of South Africa with a valid South African ID number and aged 18 years or older.
- You must have an insurable interest in the asset, i.e. if the asset is damaged, lost or stolen you will suffer a financial loss.
- In the event of theft of your asset from a vehicle or trailer – the asset must be in a locked boot or concealed compartment, the vehicle or trailer must be locked and there must be clear signs of forcible entry.
- In the event of theft of your asset from an unoccupied building – the building must be locked and there must be clear signs of forcible entry.
- During transit, your asset must be securely packaged to reasonably avoid damage, loss or theft.
- If your asset is a bicycle and the bicycle is not inside a vehicle, trailer or building (see above for these respective conditions), while unattended:
6.1 the bicycle must be securely locked to an immovable object, vehicle or trailer with an approved lock and cable or chain; or
6.2 the bicycle must be in a designated secure area provided by an official organiser at an official event.