During the add asset process, we request a photo of your asset as well as a photo of you with your asset (a "selfie"). These photos help us establish that the asset exists and matches the details you have provided, and that the asset is in your possession.
The photos of your asset and you with your asset are a requirement for cover – i.e. in order for your cover to be valid and for any claims to be considered, you must take these photos per the instructions displayed when you add your asset in the JaSure app.
If you provide incorrect photos during the add asset process, you must update the photos by following these steps to update your asset:
- On the My Assets screen, switch off cover for the asset.
- Click on the asset followed by the 'Asset' tab.
- Scroll down and tap the 'Update asset' button.
- Tap the 'Next' button to get to the photo screens and retake the photos.
- If applicable, switch cover back on for the asset.