Steps to blacklist your cellphone
- Notify JaSure about the theft of your cellphone via the JaSure app: go to My Account => Claims => New Claim. You can log into the JaSure app on a friend or family member’s cellphone.
- Contact your service provider to block your SIM card and get your cellphone’s IMEI number.
- Report the theft to the police and ask for a copy of the police report and case number.
- Contact your service provider again to blacklist your cellphone (now that you have a case number).
- Contact JaSure via the JaSure app with your police report, case number and IMEI number.
Your service provider’s contact number
- Vodacom: 082 135
- MTN: 083 135
- Telkom: 081 180
- Cell C: 084 140
- Virgin Mobile: 074 100 0123
How to get your IMEI number
You can get your IMEI number by dialling *#06# (before the phone was stolen) or on the phone’s box. Alternatively, call your service provider.